Act now to save The Legion
Club is already Honiton’s community centre says reader.
What can we do to save our Royal British Legion?
It seems madness that there is talk about building a new community centre when the Legion already provides this town with one!
Every day and every night it is booked with local groups using the facility. There are groups catering for babies, youngsters street dance classes, adult salsa, church fellowships, to name but a few.
Surely, the council could step in and use this building and the staff that are already in place? If nothing is done immediately, I fear the Legion will close and the town will lose many long-standing groups.
There are very few alternative facilities in the town that have the room sizes, parking and refreshments, all of which are the reasons the Legion is used so frequently. If you have the power, please act now.
- 1 Honiton firefighters tackle chimney fire
- 2 Massive occasion beckons for Axminster Town FC
- 3 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 4 Learn new skills at Axminster community shed
- 5 Colyton neighbourhood plan now comes into force
- 6 Honiton's Marcus aiming for Olympic stardom in China
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 South West Water on the look-out for new graduate trainees
- 9 Property of the Week: York Close, Axminster
- 10 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford