Act now to save The Legion
Club is already Honiton’s community centre says reader.
What can we do to save our Royal British Legion?
It seems madness that there is talk about building a new community centre when the Legion already provides this town with one!
Every day and every night it is booked with local groups using the facility. There are groups catering for babies, youngsters street dance classes, adult salsa, church fellowships, to name but a few.
Surely, the council could step in and use this building and the staff that are already in place? If nothing is done immediately, I fear the Legion will close and the town will lose many long-standing groups.
You may also want to watch:
There are very few alternative facilities in the town that have the room sizes, parking and refreshments, all of which are the reasons the Legion is used so frequently. If you have the power, please act now.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track