Act now to save The Legion
Club is already Honiton’s community centre says reader.
What can we do to save our Royal British Legion?
It seems madness that there is talk about building a new community centre when the Legion already provides this town with one!
Every day and every night it is booked with local groups using the facility. There are groups catering for babies, youngsters street dance classes, adult salsa, church fellowships, to name but a few.
Surely, the council could step in and use this building and the staff that are already in place? If nothing is done immediately, I fear the Legion will close and the town will lose many long-standing groups.
You may also want to watch:
There are very few alternative facilities in the town that have the room sizes, parking and refreshments, all of which are the reasons the Legion is used so frequently. If you have the power, please act now.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis