Holiday club planned for Seaton Wetlands
- Credit: Archant
East Devon’s countryside team is planning a series of fun filled activities in August
Youngsters can enjoy a week of outdoor activities at Seaton Wetlands this summer.
Education rangers from East Devon District Council’s countryside service are running a holiday club, aimed at children aged seven to 11 years.
It will take place from Monday to Friday, August 20 to 24, from 10am to 4pm daily.
The week will involve a range of exciting activities including natural crafts, survival skills, campfire cooking, pond dipping and bug hunting.
You may also want to watch:
Spaces can be booked for the whole week or individual days and cost £25 per child or £112 for the whole week. A 10per cent sibling discount is also available.
Cllr Tom Wright, East Devon District Council’s portfolio holder for the Environment, said: “The long summer holidays are the perfect opportunity for children to explore the outstanding East Devon countryside we live in. The Seaton Wetlands holiday club offers busy parents an affordable, enjoyable and educational week of activities for their 7 to 11 year olds.’’
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Education Ranger, Meg Knowles, who is running the holiday club, said: “This holiday club is perfect for children who love being outdoors. We’re really looking forward to a week of nature inspired activities. Whether your child enjoys natural craft, learning about wildlife or outdoor games, there will be lots to enjoy, and every day will be different.”
Anyone interested in finding out more about the holiday club and how to book places, should visit wildeastdevon.co.uk. Essential paperwork can be found here and must be sent to the Countryside team via email: email@example.com or posted to the Countryside team at East Devon District Council, Knowle, Station Road, Sidmouth EX10 8HL.