Aircraft crashes into field at Upottery
Occupants walk away from wreckage.
The occupants of a light aircraft which crashed into a field at Upottery on Saturday walked away from the wreckage with just minor injuries, the emergency services have reported.
Devon and Cornwall Constabulary says officers attended the scene at 5pm.
A spokesman said in a statement: “The two occupants walked away from the crash with minor injuries and were taken by ambulance to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.
“The matter has been referred to the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) for investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two appliances from Ottery were mobilised.
“Upon arrival, crews confirmed one light aircraft crashed into a field with two casualties released from the aircraft prior to the arrival of the fire service.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
“The casualties were conveyed to hospital by land and air ambulance. The fire crews made the scene safe.”