Alcohol seized during Honiton Carnival
Police confiscate a quantity of alcohol from teens.
Police in Honiton were kept busy on carnival night after seizing a quantity of alcohol from young people in the town.
However, the carnival procession ran smoothly and there were no incidents of disorder or damage reported after the carnival a police spokesman has revealed.
He said: “The Carnival procession passed without any major problems and when the evening was over we had encountered only one arrest. “This was a young male who was arrested to prevent a breach of the peace.”
He was later released without charge and placed in the care of an adult.
The spokesman added: “Having said that it was not a quiet evening for the local police as we were kept busy with the seizure of alcohol from youths.
“It was disappointing to see so many young people out for a good time at the carnival in possession of alcohol.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
“The concern this raises is that young people do not handle drink in the same way as adults and often have a tendency to drink to excess and place themselves at risk.”
Anyone who has concerns about their child misusing alcohol is urged to call youth intervention officer PC Hayley Taylor at Honiton Police Station by calling 101.