Alcohol seized during Honiton Carnival
Police confiscate a quantity of alcohol from teens.
Police in Honiton were kept busy on carnival night after seizing a quantity of alcohol from young people in the town.
However, the carnival procession ran smoothly and there were no incidents of disorder or damage reported after the carnival a police spokesman has revealed.
He said: “The Carnival procession passed without any major problems and when the evening was over we had encountered only one arrest. “This was a young male who was arrested to prevent a breach of the peace.”
He was later released without charge and placed in the care of an adult.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “Having said that it was not a quiet evening for the local police as we were kept busy with the seizure of alcohol from youths.
“It was disappointing to see so many young people out for a good time at the carnival in possession of alcohol.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
“The concern this raises is that young people do not handle drink in the same way as adults and often have a tendency to drink to excess and place themselves at risk.”
Anyone who has concerns about their child misusing alcohol is urged to call youth intervention officer PC Hayley Taylor at Honiton Police Station by calling 101.