Aldi wants to increase the size of its Honiton store – and create 31 new parking spots
- Credit: Archant
A national retailer has announced plans to increase the size of its Honiton store and car park.
Aldi, in Exeter Road, has submitted a planning application to extend its southern corner of the store by 225sq m and reconfigure its car park to offer 104 customer parking spaces instead of 73 - an increase of 31.
If the scheme wins approval from district planners, the store would increase the size of its retail footprint from 990sq m to 1,212sq m.
The proposed changes to the car park would also comprise two electric vehicle parking bays and an additional pair of 'parent and child' spaces.
A new pedestrian crossing and path would be created, linking the reconfigured car park to new store.
You may also want to watch:
The plans say the materials used for the new extension will mirror the current look of the existing supermarket and will match the 'existing character' of the shop.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax