Alert for young car drivers
Bogus insurance firm operating internet scam.
Young car drivers are being warned not to fall for cheap insurance deals that seem too good to be true.
A number have fallen for an internet scam, which offers deals which are hundreds of pounds cheaper than those available from reputable insurance companies.
After they paid for their insurance, it transpired the cover notes were not legal.
The issue was recently raised at a meeting of the Local Action Group and East Devon’s community safety officer, Gerry Moore, has asked the Midweek Herald to highlight the issue.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with doubts about their car insurance should visit http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/ and check if their vehicle is legally covered.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme