Alert! Storm moves in
Wind and rain battering East Devon
Predicted severe weather has arrived across East Devon, battering the district with wind and rain .
Conditions are said to be worsening.
The Highways Agency has issued a warning to motorists, urging them to slow down to avoid aquaplaning.
Midweek Herald reporter Katy Griffin has just driven from Exeter Airport to Honiton for a town council meeting and says: “The rain is quite heavy and the wind has really picked up. Be careful.”
You may also want to watch:
Updates will appear here.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect