‘Alien’ has Axminster estate ‘frozen with fear’
- Credit: Archant
Lager-drinking ‘robot’ gets a frosty reception at Millwey Rise
He came from the skies – and was found clutching a can of inter-Stella lager.
This pale-faced ‘alien visitor’ got a frosty reception when he was spotted on the Millwey Rise housing estate, at Axminster, yesterday (Wednesday).
At first curious locals approached with caution – UFOs have been reported hovering above their houses recently.
But on closer inspection they concluded: “It’s a snowman Jim, but not as we know it.”
You may also want to watch:
In fact, the robot man was created by Bonners Drive residents Nigel Walton, Dan Poulton and Tom Loveridge.
And in the end there was no need to exterminate him – the sun came out and beamed him up.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions