All part of God’s family
Thought for the week...
Have you ever been to a baptism (also called a Christening)?
We had a baptism last week, and I was struck again by the part in the service of baptism where everyone welcomes the newly baptised person into the church, saying: “We welcome you into the fellowship of faith; we are children of the same heavenly Father; we welcome you.”
That choice of words has been very carefully put together – it reminds us that being a part of the church isn’t about being in a ‘club’ or about being ‘worthy’ or ‘good’, but is about God loving us.
Everyone who is a member of the church is so because they are part of God’s family.
You may also want to watch:
God doesn’t want membership cards, or people who think they are better than others, but those who are willing to recognise their need of Him, and who long to be a part of his family
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme