All Saints ladies complete Olympic marathon
Quilt will be presented to athletes at the London Games next year
A GROUP of nimble-fingered women, from All Saints, have completed an “Olympic marathon”.
The 16-strong team have produced a special quilt to present to athletes taking part in next year’s Games.
They began work on the project in 2010, after reading an appeal for commemorative blankets to give to Olympic competitors from around the globe.
The completed quilt will now go to London to be displayed in the Stitch and Craft Show, at Olympia, in March, before being allocated, in a draw, to the team and country which will eventually receive it.
You may also want to watch:
All Saints quilter Sandy March said: “We are very pleased and product that our quilt will become a part of Olympic history.”
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal