All Saints ladies complete Olympic marathon
Quilt will be presented to athletes at the London Games next year
A GROUP of nimble-fingered women, from All Saints, have completed an “Olympic marathon”.
The 16-strong team have produced a special quilt to present to athletes taking part in next year’s Games.
They began work on the project in 2010, after reading an appeal for commemorative blankets to give to Olympic competitors from around the globe.
The completed quilt will now go to London to be displayed in the Stitch and Craft Show, at Olympia, in March, before being allocated, in a draw, to the team and country which will eventually receive it.
You may also want to watch:
All Saints quilter Sandy March said: “We are very pleased and product that our quilt will become a part of Olympic history.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre