All train lines between Axminster and Yeovil blocked by ‘heavy flooding’
- Credit: Archant
Network Rail teams are addressing the issue - disruption expected until 3pm.
All train lines between Axminster and Yeovil Junction are blocked this afternoon (Thursday).
South Western Railway has cited heavy flooding on the lines as the reason.
As a result, train services running through the stations between Axminster and Yeovil could be cancelled, revised or delayed by up to an hour.
Disruption is expected until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for South Western Railway said: “The control room has been advised of heavy flooding in the Crewkerne area.
“Network Rail response teams have been advised and are attending.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
“To reduce the delays to trains, some services may have to be altered or revised at short notice.
Some services may also be diverted via an alternative route.
“We are sorry for the disruption caused to your journey.
The 11.25am Exeter St Davids to London Waterloo service is currently delayed as they area is reported as impassable.
Keep updated on the services on www.nationalrail.co.uk