Amazed by new centre
On Saturday, March 6, I went to the open day of the newly-constructed Reece Strawbridge Centre, in Colyton. Although I had seen plans at the design stage,
On Saturday, March 6, I went to the open day of the newly-constructed Reece Strawbridge Centre, in Colyton.
Although I had seen plans at the design stage, I was amazed at such a wonderful building, providing as it will, when fitted out, areas for playgroups, Scouts and other youth groups -- and even changing rooms for those using the sports field.
The young people of Colyton must be eternally grateful to the funding bodies - Feoffees of Colyton, Devon County Council, Trustees of Reece-Strawbridge and the parish council - for providing such an asset for the town and surrounding parishes, and to the drive and commitment of those who have brought this about.
I look forward to the grand opening when all the facilities will be on view, and wish the Trustees well in maintaining this prime building that has made such a statement for Colyton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington