Amazed by new centre
On Saturday, March 6, I went to the open day of the newly-constructed Reece Strawbridge Centre, in Colyton. Although I had seen plans at the design stage,
On Saturday, March 6, I went to the open day of the newly-constructed Reece Strawbridge Centre, in Colyton.
Although I had seen plans at the design stage, I was amazed at such a wonderful building, providing as it will, when fitted out, areas for playgroups, Scouts and other youth groups -- and even changing rooms for those using the sports field.
The young people of Colyton must be eternally grateful to the funding bodies - Feoffees of Colyton, Devon County Council, Trustees of Reece-Strawbridge and the parish council - for providing such an asset for the town and surrounding parishes, and to the drive and commitment of those who have brought this about.
I look forward to the grand opening when all the facilities will be on view, and wish the Trustees well in maintaining this prime building that has made such a statement for Colyton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer