Amazed by new centre
On Saturday, March 6, I went to the open day of the newly-constructed Reece Strawbridge Centre, in Colyton. Although I had seen plans at the design stage,
On Saturday, March 6, I went to the open day of the newly-constructed Reece Strawbridge Centre, in Colyton.
Although I had seen plans at the design stage, I was amazed at such a wonderful building, providing as it will, when fitted out, areas for playgroups, Scouts and other youth groups -- and even changing rooms for those using the sports field.
The young people of Colyton must be eternally grateful to the funding bodies - Feoffees of Colyton, Devon County Council, Trustees of Reece-Strawbridge and the parish council - for providing such an asset for the town and surrounding parishes, and to the drive and commitment of those who have brought this about.
I look forward to the grand opening when all the facilities will be on view, and wish the Trustees well in maintaining this prime building that has made such a statement for Colyton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon