‘Amazing generosity’ as fund-raising for fire family begins
Honiton is ‘pretty wonderful’, say mums who are to stage bingo.
The community is coming together in Honiton to support a family who lost everything in a house fire.
Gary and Sheila King and their three children were treated for the effects of smoke inhalation following the blaze at their semi-detached home in Monkton just over a week ago.
Now a group of mums have organised a fund-raising bingo - to help the family in the run-up to Christmas.
Jo Phare and Naomi Symons are amazed with the support they have received from local businesses. All the prizes for the December 19 event have been donated by traders in Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
“I was just some random woman who walked in off the street asking for prizes,” said Jo. “Their generosity was amazing - it really, really was. This town is pretty wonderful.”
The bingo will take place at Turks Head Lodge. Doors open at 6.30pm, with ‘eyes down’ at 8pm.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks