Amblers take a walk around Escot
- Credit: Archant
Several people took a gentle stroll around Escot in Ottery St Mary for the official launch of Honiton Memory Café Amblers Group.
Otter Windows provided a bus from Honiton and everyone enjoyed a cream tea and a chat afterwards.
LED’s Walking for Health team worked in conjunction with Honiton Dementia Action Alliance group to enable the start of the ambling group.
Anyone is welcome to join the walks, which are held on the second Thursday of every month. All levels of ability are welcome and participants can enjoy a cup of tea and chat after.
Lottie Edwards, outreach manager for LED Leisure, said: “LED is delighted to be working with Honiton Dementia Action Alliance in supporting the amblers.
You may also want to watch:
“The group is a great place to get active and to walk and talk in the beautiful countryside of East Devon.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis