‘Angel’ pays for man’s shopping
Embarrassing moment at checkout.
I would like to thank a gentleman for generously helping me out by paying for my groceries.
I arrived at the till only to find I had left my wallet in my bedroom.
I asked the lady at the till if she would keep my bag of items so I could return home for the money. On hearing this, the gentleman behind me told me not to worry, he would pay.
I acknowledged his kindness with a good deal of embarrassment and asked his name.
We shook hands and I came away - amazed at his kindness. Thank you, Paul. You were an angel in disguise.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 5 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 8 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 9 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 10 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager