‘Angel’ pays for man’s shopping
Embarrassing moment at checkout.
I would like to thank a gentleman for generously helping me out by paying for my groceries.
I arrived at the till only to find I had left my wallet in my bedroom.
I asked the lady at the till if she would keep my bag of items so I could return home for the money. On hearing this, the gentleman behind me told me not to worry, he would pay.
I acknowledged his kindness with a good deal of embarrassment and asked his name.
You may also want to watch:
We shook hands and I came away - amazed at his kindness. Thank you, Paul. You were an angel in disguise.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal