Animator Joe wins again
Joe Blandamer wins emerging talent award at Animated Exeter.
A young Axminster animator has been recognised for a second time as an emerging talent at this year’s Animated Exeter festival.
Joe Blandamer, of Raymonds Hill, has continued his success after winning the emerging talent award in the under 12s category, during the week-long event, with his short film Maggot Man.
“I am very happy that I have won,” says Joe.
The 11-year-old was up against tough competition, which attracted entrants from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Joe received new animation software, a HD Web cam and a green screen, which he says will allow him to create more complex projects.
The Woodroffe School student previously wowed judges to win the under-16s section at the first-ever Vue ExeterShorts with his animated film Chewing Gum Man.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
Joe added: “I am looking forward to making new animations with the camera and the green screen.”
He also has his sights set on competing in a film festival in Venice.
To see Maggot Man visit http://vimeo.com/28867794