Animator Joe wins again
Joe Blandamer wins emerging talent award at Animated Exeter.
A young Axminster animator has been recognised for a second time as an emerging talent at this year’s Animated Exeter festival.
Joe Blandamer, of Raymonds Hill, has continued his success after winning the emerging talent award in the under 12s category, during the week-long event, with his short film Maggot Man.
“I am very happy that I have won,” says Joe.
The 11-year-old was up against tough competition, which attracted entrants from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Joe received new animation software, a HD Web cam and a green screen, which he says will allow him to create more complex projects.
The Woodroffe School student previously wowed judges to win the under-16s section at the first-ever Vue ExeterShorts with his animated film Chewing Gum Man.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Joe added: “I am looking forward to making new animations with the camera and the green screen.”
He also has his sights set on competing in a film festival in Venice.
To see Maggot Man visit http://vimeo.com/28867794