Charity Togs shop manager retires
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Care Service is saying farewell to one of its longest-serving members.
Ann Kilford, who joined the charity group as a volunteer 10 years ago, is moving to Ireland to be near her daughter and grandchildren.
For the past three years Mrs Kilford has been manager of the Care Service's shop - Charity Togs - in South Street.
Today (Saturday, August 17) fellow volunteers will gather at the town's senior citizens' centre for a farewell cream tea.
A spokeswoman for the organisation said: "Ann has been a popular manager for some years and will be difficult to replace.
You may also want to watch:
"Volunteers are always welcomed by the Care Service for a variety of services provided and at this time drivers to take people to medical appointments would be very much valued."
For more details about how to volunteer contact Rita Curryer on 01297 35550.
To find out more about Axminster Care Service and the work it does to help the community click here
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 How would you feel about giving up your car?