Anne returns from challenging Cuban adventure
Anne Hitchens helps to raise more than �45,000 for Parkinson’s UK.
A HONITON fund-raiser overcame tricky terrain to complete a ‘physically challenging’ 300km bike ride in Cuba.
Anne Hitchens from Honiton returned earlier this month after tackling a five day cycling adventure in aid of Parkinson’s UK.
“Managing to cycle 300 kilometres over five days is the hardest physical challenge I have ever taken part in.
“I am not a natural cyclist but I was given loads of support from the other participants who encouraged me all the way.
You may also want to watch:
“It really was a team effort, showing that we were all there for a common goal and I would like to thank everyone who has helped to support this valuable charity by sponsoring me,” says Anne.
The 48-year-old joined 11 other fund-raisers and the team managed to beat their collective target of �45,000 for the charity.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery