Anne returns from challenging Cuban adventure
Anne Hitchens helps to raise more than �45,000 for Parkinson’s UK.
A HONITON fund-raiser overcame tricky terrain to complete a ‘physically challenging’ 300km bike ride in Cuba.
Anne Hitchens from Honiton returned earlier this month after tackling a five day cycling adventure in aid of Parkinson’s UK.
“Managing to cycle 300 kilometres over five days is the hardest physical challenge I have ever taken part in.
“I am not a natural cyclist but I was given loads of support from the other participants who encouraged me all the way.
“It really was a team effort, showing that we were all there for a common goal and I would like to thank everyone who has helped to support this valuable charity by sponsoring me,” says Anne.
The 48-year-old joined 11 other fund-raisers and the team managed to beat their collective target of �45,000 for the charity.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown