Another Cable for the lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
Steve, 17, is the latest family member to join the crew
The Cable family of Lyme Regis have just increased their commitment to the volunteer crew of the town’s RNLI lifeboat.
First there was John Cable, a crew member for 13 years. Then along came his eldest son, Pete, 19, who joined the crew and is studying aeronautical engineering at Bristol University.
And now Pete’s brother Steve, 17, a Woodroffe School student, hopes to join the crew after completing part of his Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme project with the lifeboat team.
Dad John said: ”I am delighted that the boys want to give their spare time to such a great cause as the RNLI.
You may also want to watch:
“We depend on voluntary effort and youngsters like my sons are the future of the RNLI.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020