Are you Honiton’s next carnival queen?
Carnival committee launches search to find two royals
A SEARCH has been launched to find this year’s Honiton Carnival Queen and ‘royal’ attendant.
Honiton and District Carnival Limited is seeking nominations in writing before the end of the month.
No fund-raising is involved in the selection process and successful candidates will win some right royal treatment, including fantastic costumes and the guarantee of life in the spotlight during the carnival season.
“We are looking for two people to represent the town at all the East Devon carnivals and to help with fund-raising events,” said carnival secretary Karen Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is open to males as well as females and there is no upper age limit.
To be in with a chance of representing Honiton, write a letter explaining why you deserve the crown.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
Send letters to: Jenny Allen, 7 Littletown Road, Honiton, EX14 2DG. Deadline for nominations is May 31.