Are you Honiton’s next carnival queen?
Carnival committee launches search to find two royals
A SEARCH has been launched to find this year’s Honiton Carnival Queen and ‘royal’ attendant.
Honiton and District Carnival Limited is seeking nominations in writing before the end of the month.
No fund-raising is involved in the selection process and successful candidates will win some right royal treatment, including fantastic costumes and the guarantee of life in the spotlight during the carnival season.
“We are looking for two people to represent the town at all the East Devon carnivals and to help with fund-raising events,” said carnival secretary Karen Wilson.
The competition is open to males as well as females and there is no upper age limit.
To be in with a chance of representing Honiton, write a letter explaining why you deserve the crown.
- 1 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 2 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 3 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 4 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
- 5 Town council explores best way forward for the Beehive
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Over 1K raised by Honiton concert for Ukraine
- 8 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
Send letters to: Jenny Allen, 7 Littletown Road, Honiton, EX14 2DG. Deadline for nominations is May 31.