Armed raid a ‘one-off’

PUBLISHED: 13:09 15 February 2011

Rowancroft Close-Honiton. Ref mhh 9795-02-11SH

Rowancroft Close-Honiton. Ref mhh 9795-02-11SH

Archant

Investigation continues in Honiton.

POLICE are continuing their investigations into an aggravated burglary in Honiton last month.

Acting Sergeant Matthew Sinker told Honiton Town Council on Monday that detectives are still working on the case.

“Enquiries are still actively ongoing,” he said. “It is very much a one-off incident and certainly, in all my 11 years in the police, I have not known anything similar in an area like this.”

Sergeant Sinker also told councillors that crime figures for January had seen a slight increase, from 49 to 53 recorded offences, compared to figures for same period last year.

He added: “There has been a very slight increase, but it is not anything that troubles me a great deal.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald