Armed raid a ‘one-off’
Investigation continues in Honiton.
POLICE are continuing their investigations into an aggravated burglary in Honiton last month.
Acting Sergeant Matthew Sinker told Honiton Town Council on Monday that detectives are still working on the case.
“Enquiries are still actively ongoing,” he said. “It is very much a one-off incident and certainly, in all my 11 years in the police, I have not known anything similar in an area like this.”
Sergeant Sinker also told councillors that crime figures for January had seen a slight increase, from 49 to 53 recorded offences, compared to figures for same period last year.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There has been a very slight increase, but it is not anything that troubles me a great deal.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West