Armed raid a ‘one-off’
Investigation continues in Honiton.
POLICE are continuing their investigations into an aggravated burglary in Honiton last month.
Acting Sergeant Matthew Sinker told Honiton Town Council on Monday that detectives are still working on the case.
“Enquiries are still actively ongoing,” he said. “It is very much a one-off incident and certainly, in all my 11 years in the police, I have not known anything similar in an area like this.”
Sergeant Sinker also told councillors that crime figures for January had seen a slight increase, from 49 to 53 recorded offences, compared to figures for same period last year.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There has been a very slight increase, but it is not anything that troubles me a great deal.”
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal