Arrest after man goes berserk in Honiton
Police praise for members of the public. Male attacked buildings and vehicles.
POLICE in Honiton are praising the public after they dialled 999 to report a male kicking and attacking vehicles and buildings in High Street last night (Thursday).
“The male caused alarm and distress to a number of passers-by, who had their vehicles kicked,” said a police spokeswoman.
“The male also set off the alarm at WH Smith after throwing an item and lashing out at the window.”
The spokeswoman said numerous calls were made to police and a male was arrested nearby on suspicion of breaching an Anti-Social Behaviour Order.
You may also want to watch:
“The calls made to police were valuable in gaining evidence to support the arrest and to continue to tackle anti-social behaviour in the town,” she said. “The attending officers were not able to speak to all witnesses in person, but would like to pass on their appreciation.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal