Arson attack on bungalow leaves home on fire
- Credit: Google Maps
A bungalow was torched in Seaton last night (Friday).
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called out to a house in Whitecross Gardens shortly after 6.15pm.
One fire engine from Colyton and one from Axminster were sent to extinguish the fire.
A fire service spokesman said: “On arrival to this incident the crews identified smoke and flames issuing from a bungalow and had moved into the roof space, after inspection by crews the bungalow was identified to be derelict.
“Four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera was used to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“This fire is believed to had been caused deliberately.
“Once the crew had fully extinguished the fire and had made the area safe they returned home to the station.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis