Police investigate reports of arson at Axminster auctioneers
- Credit: Archant
Officers want to trace the driver of a dark coloured Nissan Terrano 4x4 seen in the area
Police are investigating reports of an arson attack at Atkins Auctioneers in Axminster.
The incident took place on Thursday, November 1, between 11pm and 11.30pm where it was reported that an accelerant was poured through the letterbox of the premises in Lyme Street and ignited. This caused damage to the door and had the potential to spread throughout the building, say officers.
Police would like to speak to a man seen in the area driving a dark coloured Nissan Terrano 4x4.
A police spokesperson said: “We’d like to hear from anyone who might have seen this vehicle or have any dashcam footage of the area at that time.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area at the time or who witnessed the incident is asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference CR/101344/18.
You can also give information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding