Arson victims saved by smoke detector

A FAMILY whose Honiton home was targeted by an arsonist was alerted thanks to a smoke detector, town councillors have heard.

A FAMILY whose Honiton home was targeted by an arsonist was alerted thanks to a smoke detector, town councillors have heard.

Pc Ian Atyeo said the fire, started in a porch, was discovered early thanks to the detector.

He urged houseolders to install the alarms and to test them on a weekly basis.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter