Art exhibition at East Devon Business Centre, Honiton
- Credit: Archant
A free art exhibition is at the East Devon Business Centre in Honiton until the end of April.
The centre regularly shows paintings by local artists in its public 'hub' area.
It is currently displaying 30 works by Chris Poole of the Otter Vale Art Society, and 20 by various other members of the society.
Chris is the first to admit that artistically he was a slow starter. At school, he was even refused permission to take an art exam. But later in life he took it up again, and now enjoys exploring a range of styles and materials.
He said: 'What I look for in a successful work is creating a two-way 'conversation' with the picture.
'When this happens, the result is sometimes a nice surprise and better than I imagined before starting, and it's the hope of this surprise that is my reason for beginning any picture.'
The business centre is open from Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 5pm.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 7 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 8 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 9 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter