Art society appeals for new members
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton-based group welcomes artists of all abilities and non-artists who have a general interest in art.
Honiton Art Society is on the lookout for new members.
The group welcomes artists of all abilities and non-artists who have a general interest in art.
Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month, from October to May, at Awliscombe Village Hall. They run from 2pm to 4pm, and include a varied programme of talks, demonstrations, and critiques by professional artists. The society also organises various visits to places of interest.
Member Thelma Woodward said: “This year we have a
You may also want to watch:
five-day trip to East Anglia – Constable country. There are also one-day outings to galleries and more.
“Our annual exhibition is held in Honiton in early September, when members have the chance to exhibit their work for sale to the general public.”
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 5 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 6 East Devon Property of the Week
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 9 When a waffle is good for your health
- 10 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
The annual subscription is £20. Those interested in joining should call 01395 516758 or attend a meeting as a visitor (entry fee is £2).
Thelma added: “You will be given a warm welcome. Details of our 2014/15 programme and more information can be found at www.honitonartsociety.com”