Art society appeals for new members
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton-based group welcomes artists of all abilities and non-artists who have a general interest in art.
Honiton Art Society is on the lookout for new members.
The group welcomes artists of all abilities and non-artists who have a general interest in art.
Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month, from October to May, at Awliscombe Village Hall. They run from 2pm to 4pm, and include a varied programme of talks, demonstrations, and critiques by professional artists. The society also organises various visits to places of interest.
Member Thelma Woodward said: “This year we have a
You may also want to watch:
five-day trip to East Anglia – Constable country. There are also one-day outings to galleries and more.
“Our annual exhibition is held in Honiton in early September, when members have the chance to exhibit their work for sale to the general public.”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The annual subscription is £20. Those interested in joining should call 01395 516758 or attend a meeting as a visitor (entry fee is £2).
Thelma added: “You will be given a warm welcome. Details of our 2014/15 programme and more information can be found at www.honitonartsociety.com”