Artisan markets boost Seaton trade
- Credit: Archant
Saturday art and craft sales have proved so successful they will be extended into the winter months
Shoppers have given Seaton’s new artisan market a big thumbs up - and more are planned.
Featuring locally sourced, home crafted, arts and crafts from Devon, Dorset and Somerset they have attracted many eager buyers throughout the summer.
The markets have been held on Saturdays in Windsor Gardens, Cross Street, and sell everything from hand-crafted jewellery, pictures, cards, children and adult clothing, glass work, wood craft and carvings, as well as artwork from local artists.
The new market was put in place as one of a number of new initiatives that Seaton Town Development Team and Seaton Town Council have been working on to enliven the centre, increase activity/footfall and encourage more people to visit.
You may also want to watch:
The project was made possible by funding received from the Government’s Department for Communities and Local Government, Town Team fund.
Karin Frewin, marketing events coordinator said: “There’s been a really impressive array of goods on sale at the past three markets as well as a fantastic atmosphere and community feel.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
“The town development team are working hard with the council to enliven Seaton and we’ve been really pleased to see so many people coming to the market. It’s also been good to hear from many local shops that trade has been ‘up’ for them on market days.”
The markets have proved so popular that two Christmas markets are being planned on November 16 and December 14.
Pitches for the market have been kept to a reasonable level and anyone wishing to take advantage should contact the market administrator by email on email@example.com.
More information about the artisan market is available on the facebook page www.facebook.com/SeatonArtisanMarket