Artists send air ambulance total soaring
- Credit: Archant
Seaton fundraising week set to top last year’s £5,000 donation for the flying medics
Organisers of the Seaton’s Devon Air Ambulance Week are flying high – with predictions of a record total.
Boosted by a generous donation of £3,000, raised by East Devon Artists for Charity, this year’s final sum is expected to top last year’s £5,000.
The week, which started with a bikers’ ride out day continued with a programme of traditional competitions organised by local pubs before a pirate day on the Friday, charity street market on Saturday and classic cars on Sunday.
The highlight of the final afternoon was the presentation of the artists’ £3,000 by Seaton gallery owner Ursula Pratt MBE, who co-ordinated the fundraising. She handed it to Bill Price from the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
You may also want to watch:
The money was raised through sales of paintings at exhibitions held earlier in the year in the Station Gallery at Pecorama, in Beer, and in historic Kennaway House, Sidmouth.
Ursula thanked all the artists for the high quality of work exhibited, the visitors supporting the charity and especially her close friends who helped set up the shows.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony