ASBO woman banned by Tesco

PUBLISHED: 08:05 20 August 2008 | UPDATED: 22:13 15 June 2010

A WOMAN, who was given an ASBO earlier this year, claims she has been banned from Tesco in Honiton by the supermarket chain.

A WOMAN, who was given an ASBO earlier this year, claims she has been banned from Tesco in Honiton - by the supermarket chain.Maureen Vincent, 45, says she is furious, after being accused of shoplifting from the Battishorne Way store.She denies she tried to steal from Tesco and claims she offered to show staff receipts for her purchases.Referring to the incident last Friday (August 8), she said: "I have never shoplifted in my entire life. To be accused made me feel pretty awful."I had my receipts and had spent £28 that morning. I offered to show them but they said they 'didn't care'. Nor did they want to check the CCTV footage. "I was humiliated in front of people. I feel I've been victimised, but they just say they have got to investigate it. "I had a T-shirt on - where was I meant to have put the stuff? They said I had been in there all morning, but I'd only been in twice."I'm appalled by the way I have been treated. Given the chance, I'm not sure if I would shop there again."Tesco was unable to comment before the Herald went to press.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald