Aspiring “Lord Sugars” told ‘you’re hired!’
Colyton Grammar School business students win top Devon award
A team of aspiring “Lord Sugars” from Colyton Grammar School have won a top award for their business skills.
The Year 12 students bagged first prize at the Young Enterprise Trade Fair at Exeter’s Guildhall shopping centre on Saturday.
The young entrepreneurs have established a business called Ease, creating and selling printed t-shirts, and acrylic Perspex signs, mobile phone covers and other accessories.
The team beat off stiff competition from schools across Devon to win The Best Business Award at the fair, judged by a panel of business experts from the Guildhall Shopping Centre, W H Smith, Wilkinsons and PR Works.
You may also want to watch:
Runners up were Young Enterprise teams from Exeter School, Exmouth Community College and Hele School in Plymouth.
Sheryel Ashwell from the Guildhall Shopping Centre, who was also head judge, said: “It is no clich� to say that the standard of business at the Young Enterprise Trade Fair was exceptionally high, and all the schools taking part should be justly proud of their teams.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
“It was a close-run thing, but we were particularly taken with Colyton Grammar School’s range of products, their business model and their enthusiasm for the project. Our congratulations go to them and to all the teams that took part.”