Aspiring “Lord Sugars” told ‘you’re hired!’
Colyton Grammar School business students win top Devon award
A team of aspiring “Lord Sugars” from Colyton Grammar School have won a top award for their business skills.
The Year 12 students bagged first prize at the Young Enterprise Trade Fair at Exeter’s Guildhall shopping centre on Saturday.
The young entrepreneurs have established a business called Ease, creating and selling printed t-shirts, and acrylic Perspex signs, mobile phone covers and other accessories.
The team beat off stiff competition from schools across Devon to win The Best Business Award at the fair, judged by a panel of business experts from the Guildhall Shopping Centre, W H Smith, Wilkinsons and PR Works.
Runners up were Young Enterprise teams from Exeter School, Exmouth Community College and Hele School in Plymouth.
Sheryel Ashwell from the Guildhall Shopping Centre, who was also head judge, said: “It is no clich� to say that the standard of business at the Young Enterprise Trade Fair was exceptionally high, and all the schools taking part should be justly proud of their teams.
- 1 Honiton firefighters tackle chimney fire
- 2 Massive occasion beckons for Axminster Town FC
- 3 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 4 Learn new skills at Axminster community shed
- 5 Colyton neighbourhood plan now comes into force
- 6 Honiton's Marcus aiming for Olympic stardom in China
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 South West Water on the look-out for new graduate trainees
- 9 Property of the Week: York Close, Axminster
- 10 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
“It was a close-run thing, but we were particularly taken with Colyton Grammar School’s range of products, their business model and their enthusiasm for the project. Our congratulations go to them and to all the teams that took part.”