Assault suspect allegedly carried handcuffs
30-year-old remanded in custody.
A 30-YEAR-OLD man has been remanded in custody following an alleged assault on a woman in her own home near Ottery St Mary on Wednesday.
Kris Brian Thomas Chastey, of Misdon Cottages, Folly Gate, Okehampton, appeared in custody at Central Devon Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Thursday).
He was charged that, on April 11 in Talaton, he entered as a trespasser a dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm on a person and at the time of the alleged offence had with him a weapon, namely handcuffs.
Chastey was also charged that, on the same day, he unlawfully and maliciously wounded Catherine Wilkinson with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
No pleas were entered and Chastey was remanded in custody to appear at Exeter Crown Court on April 20.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners