Assault suspect allegedly carried handcuffs
30-year-old remanded in custody.
A 30-YEAR-OLD man has been remanded in custody following an alleged assault on a woman in her own home near Ottery St Mary on Wednesday.
Kris Brian Thomas Chastey, of Misdon Cottages, Folly Gate, Okehampton, appeared in custody at Central Devon Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Thursday).
He was charged that, on April 11 in Talaton, he entered as a trespasser a dwelling with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm on a person and at the time of the alleged offence had with him a weapon, namely handcuffs.
Chastey was also charged that, on the same day, he unlawfully and maliciously wounded Catherine Wilkinson with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
No pleas were entered and Chastey was remanded in custody to appear at Exeter Crown Court on April 20.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism