Auction of promises to help send students to Borneo
Honiton Community College students aim to spend four weeks in Borneo undertaking community work. You can support their efforts this Saturday.
A GROUP of students from Honiton is busy fund-raising so they can undertake a variety of community projects in Borneo.
The nine young people are all students at Honiton Community College and are working flat out to raise the �3,500 each needed to make the trip.
They hope to build a classroom and plant trees in Borneo next summer, as well as undertake other community work.
As part of a Camps International scheme, the group will spend four weeks in Borneo. At the end of their stay, they will embark on a five-day trek through the jungle before climbing Mount Kinabalu.
You may also want to watch:
The trip also promises them time at the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary.
On Saturday, November 13, the students will be holding an auction of promises at The Awliscombe Inn at 7pm. Live music will follow. The auctioneer, known to generations of Honiton students, is the one and only Roland Sanders, who taught mathematics at the college.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
The promises include a family ticket to Escot and the Eden Project, spa treatments, riding lesson, meal deals, full professional car valet, Eastenders’ autographs, cuddly toy, chocolates, Coastline voucher and a three-course midweek lunch for two at the award winning Combe House Hotel, Gittisham.