Auschwitz has a lesson for world leaders
Words scratched on hut in former concentration camp.
I WAS inspired to read about the visit to Auschwitz by Honiton students and your reporter Katy Griffin.
Having been there, I know they will indeed learn lessons from the past.
Pestor Niemseller reminds us that, as well as Jews, the Nazis came for the communists, the trade unionists, the Catholics and also gays, gypsies, Jehovah’s Witnesses and anti-Nazis.
A scratched statement in one of the huts says “We learn that leaders do not learn”.
You may also want to watch:
How true that is today.
- 1 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 4 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 5 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 East Devon Property of the Week
- 8 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
- 9 When a waffle is good for your health
- 10 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller