Auschwitz has a lesson for world leaders
Words scratched on hut in former concentration camp.
I WAS inspired to read about the visit to Auschwitz by Honiton students and your reporter Katy Griffin.
Having been there, I know they will indeed learn lessons from the past.
Pestor Niemseller reminds us that, as well as Jews, the Nazis came for the communists, the trade unionists, the Catholics and also gays, gypsies, Jehovah’s Witnesses and anti-Nazis.
A scratched statement in one of the huts says “We learn that leaders do not learn”.
How true that is today.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight