Authentic Burns Night in Offwell
True Scottish flavour to be savoured in village hall.
BURNS Night will be a truly Scottish affair in Offwell on January 29.
A qualified Scottish piper will be on hand during a fund-raising supper evening and a Scottish soldier will make the address and salute.
Haggis sent from Scotland will be served with all the traditional trimmings in the village hall, followed by a choice of sweets.
The Amycrofters will lead a ceilidh following the meal.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised by supporters of the village hall complex and cash raised will go towards important improvement works to the car park - ahead of a new, permanent community shop being developed.
Tickets for the 6.30pm supper evening are now on sale, priced �10, and are available from the village shop or by calling (01404) 831924.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Farmer who killed biker in crash gets his licence back
- 3 Tractor and trailer overturn on A30 blocking one lane - traffic queuing
- 4 East Devon child abuser Graeme Ellis jailed for eight years
- 5 Excitement grows as countdown to Charter Day begins
- 6 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 7 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 8 Major accolade for driving school
- 9 Nick's cider adventure gets off to a golden start
- 10 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme