Authentic Burns Night in Offwell
True Scottish flavour to be savoured in village hall.
BURNS Night will be a truly Scottish affair in Offwell on January 29.
A qualified Scottish piper will be on hand during a fund-raising supper evening and a Scottish soldier will make the address and salute.
Haggis sent from Scotland will be served with all the traditional trimmings in the village hall, followed by a choice of sweets.
The Amycrofters will lead a ceilidh following the meal.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised by supporters of the village hall complex and cash raised will go towards important improvement works to the car park - ahead of a new, permanent community shop being developed.
Tickets for the 6.30pm supper evening are now on sale, priced �10, and are available from the village shop or by calling (01404) 831924.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure