Autumn memories revisited
Members of Honiton Memory Cafe travel to Bicton Park for a trip down memory lane.
A blast from the past greeted members of the Honiton Memory Cafe when they climbed on board a vintage double-decker bus and headed for an autumnal trip down memory lane.
The trip to Bicton Park Botanical Gardens marked the second in a series of outings provided by Age UK Devon, which have been made possible by a grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
The bus was decked out with pumpkins, butternut squash, horse chestnuts and homemade pickles and jams.
Members and their carers enjoyed a guided tour of the park’s countryside museum and were told stories about the large collection of old farm machinery and household memorabilia.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by a hearty lunch of soup and a ploughmans.
The group then spent time reminiscing and sharing their memories of making clotted cream, hay-making, conker competitions and travelling by gig and pony.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners