Award for Midweek Herald’s editor
Honitonian Belinda Bennett to attend a national awards ceremony in London later this month.
THE editor of The Midweek Herald, Belinda Bennett (pictured), has been named as publisher Archant’s Editorial Person of the Year for the South West.
The award was presented to Belinda by managing director Bernard Driscoll at the company’s Exeter Airport Business Park offices on Wednesday.
Mr Driscoll said she won the award because of her determination to make the weekly newspaper a “must read” - writing stories, taking pictures, designing the news pages and uploading news to the newspaper’s website.
Later this month, Belinda will be travelling to the company’s national awards ceremony in London.
You may also want to watch:
She will be accompanied by colleagues from sister publication Country Smallholding magazine, who won regional awards in other categories.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 6 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon