Awliscombe’s Christmas gift
Pupils from Awliscombe Primary School dig deep to help disadvantaged children from around the world.
Awliscombe Primary School were helping to deliver some Christmas joy to those less fortunate.
Pupils with the help of the local community filled 78 festive shoeboxes with gifts as part of the Samaritan’s Purse: Operation Christmas Child.
This is the ninth year the school has taken part in the Christmas appeal, which is the largest children’s Christmas project in the world.
The shoeboxes were collected and will be shipped to poorer countries where they will be delivered to disadvantaged children from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
The school thanked everyone for their support.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes