Sun shines as Axe Vale Show attracts the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds turn out ro enjoy all that was on offer at the Axe Vale Show on June 23 and 24.
Crowds flocked to the Showground and enjoyed the wealth of things to see and do throughout the day.
Visitors were entertained by a range of activities in the ring, including the Fire Stunt Spectacular and the birds from Xtreme Falconry, as well as Axminster’s gymnastics club and Lyme Regis’s tae kwon-do club.
Other aspects to arouse interest included the strongman, Black Rock Llamas and the busy bandstand offered an alternative as some great bands pumped out the tunes whilst people relaxed in deck chairs or danced along to the tunes.
There were also successes with the dog show on Saturday, – with the Best In Show cup, donated by the Ferne Animal Sanctuary and the sheep shearing on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Hodges, the show’s chairman said: “The turnout was phenomenal, an event like this is at the mercy of the weather and its seems that this year we have been lucky – it was wonderful to meet many friends both old and new from near and far who gave a thumbs-up to the 2018 show.
“There are many people behind the scenes that make this event possible. We are all focused on delivering a great event for Axminster and one that raises money for local good causes.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
“We now start to work on our 25th anniversary show, on June 22/23, 2019.”