Sun shines as Axe Vale Show attracts the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds turn out ro enjoy all that was on offer at the Axe Vale Show on June 23 and 24.
Crowds flocked to the Showground and enjoyed the wealth of things to see and do throughout the day.
Visitors were entertained by a range of activities in the ring, including the Fire Stunt Spectacular and the birds from Xtreme Falconry, as well as Axminster’s gymnastics club and Lyme Regis’s tae kwon-do club.
Other aspects to arouse interest included the strongman, Black Rock Llamas and the busy bandstand offered an alternative as some great bands pumped out the tunes whilst people relaxed in deck chairs or danced along to the tunes.
There were also successes with the dog show on Saturday, – with the Best In Show cup, donated by the Ferne Animal Sanctuary and the sheep shearing on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Hodges, the show’s chairman said: “The turnout was phenomenal, an event like this is at the mercy of the weather and its seems that this year we have been lucky – it was wonderful to meet many friends both old and new from near and far who gave a thumbs-up to the 2018 show.
“There are many people behind the scenes that make this event possible. We are all focused on delivering a great event for Axminster and one that raises money for local good causes.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
“We now start to work on our 25th anniversary show, on June 22/23, 2019.”