Axe Vale Show cancelled because of flooding
Two-day event is called off after torrential rain soaks the Trafalgar Way showground at Axminster
Two days of torrential rain – and the forecast of more to come - have forced organisers to cancel this weekend’s Axe Vale Festival.
The decision to abandon the two-day event was made at noon today (Thursday) after flooding at the Trafalgar Way showground, in Axminster.
A brief statement issued on the show team’s website said: “Due to the extremely heavy rainfall and flooding of the showground, the committee have had no choice but to cancel this year’s show from 12 noon today (Thursday 21st June 2012).
“We apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience caused.”
You may also want to watch:
The gardening and crafts show – due to take place on Saturday and Sunday - has grown to become one of the biggest events of its kind in the south west.
Work to prepare the showground, with stands and marquees, was already well under way when the decision to call it off had to be taken.
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Plea for help in the community as Devon deals with shortage of carers
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby