Axe Vale Show cancelled because of flooding
Two-day event is called off after torrential rain soaks the Trafalgar Way showground at Axminster
Two days of torrential rain – and the forecast of more to come - have forced organisers to cancel this weekend’s Axe Vale Festival.
The decision to abandon the two-day event was made at noon today (Thursday) after flooding at the Trafalgar Way showground, in Axminster.
A brief statement issued on the show team’s website said: “Due to the extremely heavy rainfall and flooding of the showground, the committee have had no choice but to cancel this year’s show from 12 noon today (Thursday 21st June 2012).
“We apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience caused.”
You may also want to watch:
The gardening and crafts show – due to take place on Saturday and Sunday - has grown to become one of the biggest events of its kind in the south west.
Work to prepare the showground, with stands and marquees, was already well under way when the decision to call it off had to be taken.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery