Axe Valley: Artists' cheque for Alzheimer's Society
THANKS to generous support from the community, East Devon Artists for Charity have been able to make a �3,500 donation to the East Devon branch of the Alzheimer s Society.
THANKS to generous support from the community, East Devon Artists for Charity have been able to make a �3,500 donation to the East Devon branch of the Alzheimer's Society.
A cheque for the amount
was presented by Ursula Squire to Liz Purvey during the recent Colyford Goose Fayre.
Artist Andrew Coates donated two paintings to a fund-raising exhibition, organised by Ursula and held at Seaton Town Hall at the end of May.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Stokes, Vince Peterson and Don Cummings also donated highly collectable works.
Ursula said: "Without these kind contributions, due to the recession, we would not have been able to present a cheque for the sum of �3,500."
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 4 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 5 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 6 Honiton Rugby Club recruitment day
- 7 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 8 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster
The first prize in the exhibition raffle, a picture by Barry Mason, was won by Geoff Bunks, of Honiton.
Tickets for a family day out at Pecorama, Beer, were won by Alan Parish, of Sidmouth, and a �10 shopping voucher from Tesco went to a Seaton resident.
The public choice for 'favourite picture' during the exhibition was Alan Jackson's picture of Twister from Larkrise to Candleford.