Axe Valley drinks company wins gold
- Credit: Archant
Lyme Bay Winery takes five awards for its country wines and fruit liqueurs
Corks have been popping after an Axe Valley drinks company won further national acclaim.
Lyme Bay Winery picked up five medals for its country wines and fruit liqueurs at the Quality Drink Awards - considered the most prestigious accolades for wine, spirits and beer products on sale in UK grocery outlets.
Receiving a Gold for its warming Ginger Wine and a Bronze for its medium sweet Peach Wine in the Fruit Wine Category, as well as three bronze for its Ginger Liqueur, Elderberry and Port and Cherry Brandy, the Shute-based producer was praised for its great tasting products.
The judging panel comprised of chefs, food writers, food technologists and restaurateurs on the hunt for the finest flavours, textures and aromas.
You may also want to watch:
The award ceremony took place at the Grosvenor House Hotel, in London.
Lyme Bay Winery’s extensive range of unique drinks are based on traditional recipes, but push the boundaries with the most up-to-date production techniques.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding