Axe Valley paddle pair’s 29-hour marathon
Canoe duo complete the 125-mile Devizes to Westminster race
TWO members of the Axe Vale Canoe Club have completed one of the sport’s toughest challenges.
Tash Khan-Davies and Ben Sheddon endured one of the hottest April weekends on record to take part in the marathon
Devizes to Westminster race.
They were supported by six volunteers from the club, who fed and watered them, gave them information about the locks and weirs ahead and encouraged them when spirits were flagging.
You may also want to watch:
They completed the 125 miles, to arrive at the finish line opposite the Houses of Parliament, after 29.5 hours
The pair were raising money for the Devon Air Ambulance and the club and were sponsored by Morrison Engineering, Lyme Bay Winery, Mole Avon, Toucan Property services, Otter Homes Ltd and Strictly Business.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track