Axe Valley quilt project is sew ambitious
Helpers needed to create a giant quilt to commemorate love and loss
AXE Valley residents are being invited to get weaving – to reflect life’s rich tapestry.
Axminster’s bereavement counselling charity ARC wants people to provide squares for an Album Quilt to highlight “love and loss”.
The project - Common Threads - is being run jointly with the Axe Valley Quilters who will put it all together.
ARC counsellor, Catherine Davies explained: “This is a therapeutic project open not just to clients we support but to everyone in the community. We want to put together a quilt made up of individual squares contributed by individuals who want to symbolically commemorate loved ones, capture the profound impact of a significant event or celebrate life’s wealth and challenges.
You may also want to watch:
“The final quilt will be a unique creation – a memorial and a work of art – a moving and reflective response to love and loss, life and death, the inevitability of human grief and the personal growth at the root of all healing.”
Mrs Davies said the final quilt would be exhibited in various locations before finding a final resting place, which could be determined by its size.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 7 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 8 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 9 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 10 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain
Each knitted square should be 8ins x 8ins (allowing an extra inch as a sewing allowance) in any colour and design, using materials including fabric crayons and glue, ribbons, buttons, appliqu�s or embroidery.
For further information call Axe Valley Quilters on 07798 843247 or Catherine Davies at the Axminster Medical Centre on (01297) 32126.