Axemen bikers support Devon Freewheelers
Axminster motorycle group hands charity �1,000 raised at its first music and bike show
Members of the Axemen Bike Club presented a cheque for �1,000 to the Devon Freewheelers charity on Saturday.
The money was raised at the group’s first music and bike show at The Five Bells Inn, Whitchurch Canonicorum, over two days in June.
After handing over the cheque before the start of Axminster carnival parade, a spokesman for the club said: “We would like to thank the landlady Pat Hawkins and Stacey and Paul for all their hard work and generosity, all the bands and the sound engineer John Mills, who once again did a great job for us, and everyone who turned up in support, making the weekend a success.”
To find out more about the club’s upcoming events visit www.axemen.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
l The Devon Freewheelers’ motorcycle teams transport urgently needed blood, drugs, human tissues, and other medical requirements between hospitals and blood transfusion banks.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism