Axminster Arts Cafe reopens with a new name and owners
- Credit: Archant
Hilary and Jim Reaney are calling their new Church Street venture the Arts Cafe Bar
Axminster Arts Café has reopened with new owners – and a new name.
Now called the Arts Café Bar it has been bought by local residents Hilary and Jim Reaney.
They bring a wealth of catering industry experience to the new Church Street business which has undergone a three week refurbishment programme to give it a more modern feel.
Hilary said : “We are delighted to have officially opened Arts Café Bar. While we’ve made changes to the interior, all staff remain the same and are excited about welcoming customers back to the café.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking forward to being part of the community and will be retaining links with the local arts and music scene. We’ll also look to support local groups and initiatives wherever possible.”
The café bar serves both breakfast and lunch items, including homemade soups, sandwiches, salads and jacket potatoes, as well as a selection of homemade cakes. Daily specials such as cottage pie and lasagne will also be available. Children, vegetarians, vegans and those favouring a gluten-free diet are also catered for.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
To add to this, a selection of wines and beers will be available in the coming weeks.
The venue is located in the Old Axminster Courthouse and still has prison cells and sergeant’s living quarters, which have all been refurbished to create comfortable seating areas.
Jim added: “We hope to create a home from home experience, offering delicious food and drinks, on your doorstep.”
For more information, please visit Arts Café Bar on Church Street, Axminster or call 01297 631455. You can also follow the café bar on Facebook at www.facebook.com/artscafebar or Twitter via www.twitter.com/axeartscafe