Atkins Auctions set for relocation to Axminster Carpets factory
- Credit: Archant
An Axminster auction house could be set to relocate to a vacant part of the Axminster Carpets factory.
Atkins Auctions has submitted a planning application to change the use of an existing unit, in Gamberlake, to an auction house.
If given the go-ahead, Atkins Auctions would relocate from its current premises in Lyme Street.
According to the planning statement, the auction house would operate once a month on a Friday and will otherwise be utilised as storage space for upcoming auctions.
The existing forecourt would be used for car parking.
You may also want to watch:
The planning statement said: “Atkins require a new auction room facility as their existing premises within the centre of the town are now too small for their ongoing operations and the facilities are no longer fit for purpose.
“This application seeks to ensure that the company remain in the local community, where they are well established.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
East Devon District Council will make the final decision on the planning application..