Axminster B&B in running for top award
Hedgehog Corner is shortlisted for the finals of the 2011 Devon Tourism Awards
AN Axminster Bed and Breakfast business is in the running for a top Devon tourism award.
Joy Raymond’s “Hedgehog Corner”, near Raymonds Hill, has been nominated as one of three finalists in the B&B and guest accommodation of the year category.
The 2011 Devon Tourism Awards are being presented at Sandy Park on Wednesday, November 23rd.
Hedgehog Corner will also be fast-tracked into the South West and potentially the national Visit England Awards.
You may also want to watch:
The judging, by professionals across the hospitality industry, took account of the entry form, along with visits, tastings, plus additional evidence of sustainability, interaction with the community and the general presentation of the business to the public.
Joy said: “My Manager Tara Dare will be accompanying me to the awards ceremony. Tara has helped me build the business up over the years and is a complete asset to me.;”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
Robin Barker of Services for South West Tourism the event organisers said: “To be amongst the winners, given the level of competition is a very significant achievement indeed.”
Shane Morgan, chairman of Axminster Chamber of Trade and Commerce said: “We are delighted that a local accommodation business is in the finals of this prestigious event and wish Joy and Tara good luck.”