Axminster B&B in running for top award
Hedgehog Corner is shortlisted for the finals of the 2011 Devon Tourism Awards
AN Axminster Bed and Breakfast business is in the running for a top Devon tourism award.
Joy Raymond’s “Hedgehog Corner”, near Raymonds Hill, has been nominated as one of three finalists in the B&B and guest accommodation of the year category.
The 2011 Devon Tourism Awards are being presented at Sandy Park on Wednesday, November 23rd.
Hedgehog Corner will also be fast-tracked into the South West and potentially the national Visit England Awards.
The judging, by professionals across the hospitality industry, took account of the entry form, along with visits, tastings, plus additional evidence of sustainability, interaction with the community and the general presentation of the business to the public.
Joy said: “My Manager Tara Dare will be accompanying me to the awards ceremony. Tara has helped me build the business up over the years and is a complete asset to me.;”
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Robin Barker of Services for South West Tourism the event organisers said: “To be amongst the winners, given the level of competition is a very significant achievement indeed.”
Shane Morgan, chairman of Axminster Chamber of Trade and Commerce said: “We are delighted that a local accommodation business is in the finals of this prestigious event and wish Joy and Tara good luck.”