Axminster butcher metes out the money
Four more worthy causes receive cheques from Complete Meats
REPRESENTATIVES from four worthy causes carried home a “slice of the bacon” when they visited an award-winning Axminster butchers.
They shared in another �200 cash giveaway by Complete Meats, in South Street.
Manager Paul Apsey presented �50 cheques to the town’s under 11s cricket team, Kilmington Pre-school, Axminster Choral Society and the Help for Heroes charity.
Complete Meats makes twice year donations to local organisations as part of its support for the community.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Shaun Vining said: “I realise how hard it must be for these charities at the moment as people just do not have spare change in their pockets any more.
“For us, it’s a small gesture to say thank you to our local customers for their loyal support over the years.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 3 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 Local Football Results
- 7 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 10 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton